KCSD has established a vision and implemented strategies for achieving our goals consistent with that vision, focusing on instruction and student learning.
- Initiatives such as ConnectED and Future Ready, supported by the FCC's restructuring of eRate, and current state and federal legislation, including the potential resurgence of EETT funding. clearly reinforces the direction our District is heading.
- Our vision of Connected Teaching & Learning introduced in 2007-08, (pictured below), reinforced by the release of the National Education Technology Plan in 2010, updated most recently in January 2017, focusing on the criteria below.
- Accomplish our Achievement and Instructional Goals refined each year at both the District and instructional level to best meet our students' needs.
- Fulfilling the demands for proven resources as budget limitations become increasingly significant.
- Changing the perception that technology and instruction are separate.
- Continuously identifying strategies for maximizing existing resources while investigating & implementing initiatives involving emerging technologies.
- Providing ongoing opportunities for authentic professional development and collaboration for all teachers, district-wide.
- Supporting all teachers & staff, in an ever-changing technology landscape throughout the Kennett Community, while sustaining existing staff & resources available to the Technology Department.
- Maintaining communication within each building and throughout the Kennett Community.
- Maintaining our vision and working towards our goals despite challenges. Instructional needs drive resources acquired. Students First, Technology Second
Strategies to Achieve our Goals
- Access to Resources to Attain Instructional Goals
- Clear, Strategic Expectations for Integration
- Consistent, Authentic Professional Development & Opportunities for Collaboration
- Consistent & Reliable Technical Support
- Communication & Community Outreach