GSuite for Education - What is it?
*If unable to view video, go to Huffington Post.com , click "Not You" in top left corner, then login using your District account and refresh this page.
Why is it effective?
- Robust collection of Apps; Docs, Sheets, Slides, Sites, Gmail, Drive, Calendar
- Create, share and edit in real time. Multi-user collaboration on any document at same time
- Auto-saves as you work
- Drive allows for simple management and sharing of documents and folders
- Calendar functionality provides incredible flexibility and simplicity, and integrates seamlessly with Classroom and Gmail
- Web-based, device agnostic, accessible 24/7
- Free resource, accessible by everyone withe the District
How do I get started?
- Identify the need based upon instructional objective. What are your goals?
- Go to Overview Site and select the "getting started guide" at the bottom of each for the App you would like to focus on.
- Create a file and share with someone else in the group as a test when complete.
- If you have a file that already exists, you can click and drag into you Google Drive account & convert to a Google Doc
- Modify the Share settings based upon the goal of the activity & post the link for students to access
- May want to create a folder with your class to manage student Docs if they are sharing back responses
- Be prepared to discuss your game plan with Dan.
- See PD Schedule for offerings (click PD tab)
- KHS Interactive Book Report Project (Tentative Workflow)
- Signup for free WeVideo account using District email, explore program, gather photos and work on storyboard.
- Storyboard Template example - http://www.the-flying-animator.com/storyboard-template.html
- Save the photos to Google Drive folder to easily transition into WeVideo
- Assign due date within Google Classroom (have students upload videos at least 1 day prior) \
- 1 week prior to actual recording, review storyboard and provide feedback so recording can begin next week via individual conferences integrating skills and objectives
- Be sure to define a concrete due date